Elvis Costello

I went online and got a cheap copy of an Elvis Costello CD, which arrived yesterday.

I know this is clearly a variation from my usual louder-for-power screaming and raging metal, but I do enjoy a little break sometimes. I enjoy some of the New Wave and punk bands from England who took a turn from the raging punk of the late 70s, incorporating blues and reggae influences into their music, such as The Police, The Clash, and Elvis Costello.

His first big splash was when he played on Saturday Night Live, and early into his song "Less Than Zero", he stopped the band and had them play "Radio, Radio". The unauthorized stunt had him banned from SNL for a long time.

While Costello, like others of that sub-genre, hit it big in the late 70s and early 80s, Costello is still out there, doing his thing, and has developed a following. In 1999, he updated his SNL stunt, going on stage at SNL to interrupt the Beastie Boys, who were starting to play "Sabotage", who then joined him in again playing "Radio, Radio". I've got the video clip of it somewhere.

What are my favorite Costello songs? Radio, Radio, Watching the Detectives, and Peace, Love, and Understanding.

LINX TO CZECH OUT:

Elvis Costello Online

0 Response to "Elvis Costello"

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

To post a comment without having a Blogger account, select "Name/URL", put your name in, but leave the URL line blank. Email me if you'd like to comment, but need help making it work.