Rising in the East: Judas Priest on DVD ... ROCK AND ROLL!!!

I just (finally) got this DVD of Judas Priest in concert, Rising in the East, recorded in Japan on their 2005 tour. I know I've already raved about their concert performance in Atlanta the summer of last year in a previous blog posting, but I still can't say enough about that once-in-a-lifetime concert experience.

In the winter of 1983, their Defenders of the Faith album did ten times more than any album or band to make me a hard-core metal maniac, and that concert took me back to that overwhelming, transforming experience. Watching it brought back a lot of the awe-inspiring experience that I had last year.

These guys are a lot older than their breakthrough days in the late 70s and early 80s, but Halford and the gang, finally reunited, still rock like most bands never did during their prime.

For those of you who are Priest fans but missed out on their tour last year (how could you?!?), all I can say is get the DVD, even if it's the only DVD you buy all year.

P.S: No, Mike, I am still not going to talk about Faster Pussycat. Unless you wanna buy me the CD, and let me keep it if I like it.

9 Response to "Rising in the East: Judas Priest on DVD ... ROCK AND ROLL!!!"

  1. Michael Reese 26/4/06 08:53
    Earl,
    Hows the new DVD?
    I love the 70's and 80's music but I never did get into Judas Priest too much.
  2. Michael Reese 26/4/06 08:53
    Earl,
    Hows the new DVD?
    I love the 70's and 80's music but I never did get into Judas Priest too much.
  3. Earl Capps 26/4/06 09:12
    You didn't get into the Priest? How lame could you be ... just kidding!

    Seriously, what's your poison, musically speaking?
  4. Michael Reese 26/4/06 11:27
    I still live in the early 90's grunge era, I'm the biggest pearl jam, alice in chains fan out there, but as far as the 80's bands I like......of course bon jovi, journey, van halen are my top 3 I would say.
  5. Mike Reino 26/4/06 19:34
    For the hysteria of a Faster Pussycat review, I may buy it for you!
  6. Earl Capps 26/4/06 21:39
    from "will work for food" to "will blog for cool 80s CDs" ... what a bum i'm becoming!
  7. Anonymous 26/4/06 23:22
    DUDE!!! WAZZZUUUPPPP??? ROCK N FUCKN ROLL!!!
  8. Anonymous 26/4/06 23:23
    MAN U R GREAT. A SMART DUDE WHO NOZ HOW 2 ROCK!!!

    LETS PARTY DUDE!!!
  9. Anonymous 27/4/06 09:14
    Faster Pussycat ... what a puss band if there ever was one.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

To post a comment without having a Blogger account, select "Name/URL", put your name in, but leave the URL line blank. Email me if you'd like to comment, but need help making it work.