Judas Priest's Screaming for Vengeance

While they had been a strong presence in the steadily-building metal scene in the United States and Europe for a number of years, Judas Priest's following and reputation exploded with their 1982 Screaming for Vengeance album.

The band plays faster, louder, and more intense than any of their previous albums. If you don't have this album, then you either get it, or you're no true headbanger.

Incidentally, this album was their first album to go double-platinum.

The back side of the album proclaimed: "From an unknown land and through distant skies came a winged warrior. Nothing remained sacred, no one was safe from the Hellion as it uttered its battle cry...Screaming for Vengeance."

The opening set of the album, The Hellion and Electric Eye, remain the opener for the band's concerts. When going to the shows, it's obvious that most fans know the words by heart:

Up here in space
I'm looking down on you.
My lasers trace
Everything you do.
You think you've private lives
Think nothing of the kind.
There is no true escape

I'm watching all the time.
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam.
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean.

I'm elected electric spy
I protected electric eye.
Always in focus
You can't feel my stare.
I zoom into you
You don't know I'm there.
I take a pride in probing all your secret moves
My tearless retina takes pictures that can prove.

Electric eye, in the sky
Feel my stare, always there
There's nothing you can do about it.
Develop and expose
I feed upon your every thought
And so my power grows.
Protected. Detective. Electric eye.

My favorite songs on the album? ALL OF THEM. So shut up and get it!

Below is a promo poster for the album:



... make it a great weekend out there!

3 Response to "Judas Priest's Screaming for Vengeance"

  1. rockaroller 16/10/06 01:02
    i agree with you. the history of metal knows few albums that kicked as much ass as the Priest did on that album.

    i hope they go back on tour next year.
  2. Anonymous 18/10/06 02:59
    i think we're all getting sick and tired of your self-important pissings.

    nobody thinks you're important or very honest, so just shut up and go away.
  3. CJ 6/11/06 08:11
    Judas Priest (with Motörhead) is the definitive Heavy Metal band. I can't imagine any better album than "Screaming for Vengeance" but "Painkiller".
    -----
    http://www.letrasdemetal.com -
    Hundreds of lyrics from the best Metal albums.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

To post a comment without having a Blogger account, select "Name/URL", put your name in, but leave the URL line blank. Email me if you'd like to comment, but need help making it work.