The Blogland's ROCKtober Reader Appreciation Contest

At the Blogland, we've become fond of saying that we're the one South Carolina political blog that doesn't just talk politics - we ROCK politics. While a lot of Republicans want to bring the President of the 80s, we're the Republicans who want to bring back the rock and roll of that decade too.

Over time, we've noticed a tendency by our readers to raise a clenched fist in the air and call out "Blogland" like they're yelling "Megadeth" or "Anthrax" or the name of some other great metal band. I guess we, like William Shatner, have become a bit typecast ... except our hair is real and we can't offer you great deals on travel via the Internet.

This year, our daily readership has doubled, and our comment volume has gone up tremendously. That's not because of us - it's because of YOU, and we're amazed, we're flattered, and we're appreciative.

We'd like to show our appreciation by offering a prize contest in which three lucky winners will win prize packages featuring the Blogland's irreverent mix of hard rockin' heavy metal and great political reading:

Prize package 1
Two books: “1945” by Newt Gingrich & “Bare Knuckles and Back Rooms” by Ed Rollins
Three CDs: Anthrax’s “Sound of White Noise”, “Painkiller” by Judas Priest, and Van Halen’s self-titled CD.

Prize package 2
Two books: “1945” by Newt Gingrich & “Bare Knuckles and Back Rooms” by Ed Rollins
Three CDs: Anthrax’s “Volume 8: The Threat is Real”, Black Sabbath’s self-titled CD, and Skid Row’s self-titled CD.

Prize package 3
Two books: “1945” by Newt Gingrich & “Behind the Oval Office” by Dick Morris
Three CDs: AC/DC’s “Back in Black”, Dangerous Toys’ self-titled CD, and Ozzy Ozbourne’s “Blizzard of Ozz”

How can YOU be a weiner in the Blogland without being Rick Beltram? It's easy - email me your name and contact information (that's to "earl@earlcapps.org). You'll also need to answer a couple of easy questions which will serve as a sort-of market survey - but there are no right or wrong answers:


  • Q1: What do you like or hate (or both) about the Blogland?

  • Q2: How long have you been tuned in and how often do you visit?
Three lucky winners will be drawn at the end of the month, and at some point in the following weeks, I'll track you down, wherever you're hiding in or near the Palmetto State, to give you your prize package.

Only those readers who are in the state of South Carolina, or in the Augusta, Charlotte, or Savannah metro areas, are eligible for this contest. Even Rick Beltram and others who've been criticized here on the Blogland are eligible to enter.

4 Response to "The Blogland's ROCKtober Reader Appreciation Contest"

  1. The Palmetto Scoop 8/10/07 12:08
    You're not REALLY going to let Beltram enter, are you?
  2. Anonymous 8/10/07 12:16
    earl told me he reads the blog often, so wouldn't that count as a reader.

    have you entered his contest? you can't be a loser until you play.
  3. JMC 8/10/07 21:47
    I guess I'm ineligible, but I'll answer the questions anyway.

    1) I find it interesting to read the views of an old classmate, and I like the posts about your personal life. Since I grew up in SC, I do sometimes find the political goings-on interesting if not downright amusing. I'm not into the genre of music you are, so those posts are less than fascinating for me.

    2) Found you sometime this past summer I think. Visit once or twice per week, more if I see a post that is particularly interesting to me and I want to keep checking on the comments.
  4. not a cornhusker fan moye 13/10/07 14:49
    ok I am entered but do I stay in the area enough to win. on my way to omaha

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

To post a comment without having a Blogger account, select "Name/URL", put your name in, but leave the URL line blank. Email me if you'd like to comment, but need help making it work.