Blogland readers challenge: Become certified to give First Aid and CPR

Today being April Fool's Day, I had debated doing a satirical posting today, but instead, I figured I'd talk about something a little more serious and constructive.

As some of you know, I am Red Cross-certified to teach First Aid, CPR, Biohazards and some other important life-saving skills. In the past, I've tried to convince some of my mostly-political readers to take some time out one weekend to learn some vital skills.

After all, we are all interested in politics out of a desire to serve our community and help others ... right?

Here's one occasion for those Blogland readers in the Beaufort end of the Lowcountry - one Saturday in May, I will be teaching a course in First Aid and CPR at the Palmetto chapter of the Red Cross in Bluffton, right off US 278.

A lot of people think you have to have a medical background to take this class, whicn is NOT TRUE. Many people, including teachers, law enforcement officers, construction personnel, and even teenage babysitters, take these classes to learn how to respond to save lives. All you need is five to six hours of your time on a weekend or a couple of evenings.

So, if all you care about is being a political hack who likes running off at the mouth, but could care less about helping fellow citizens, then sit back and don't attend. But if you REALLY care about serving your community and making a difference however you can, then please email me at earl@earlcapps.org and let me know you'd like to attend this important class.

One legislator and a couple of other readers have indicated they'll be attending, so put aside politics for a day and come join us!

There's a modest charge for the class, something like $30 or so. Email me and I'll give you details about when, where, and how much you'll need.

Since my free time won't be so limited by graduate school soon, if some of my readers elsewhere in the Palmetto State would like to organize a First Aid and CPR class elsewhere, please let me know. I've even talked with some Blogland readers in one county about challenging both parties into holding a bi-partisan class. Just find a half-dozen interested parties and I'll be glad to come to wherever you are and teach it.

1 Response to "Blogland readers challenge: Become certified to give First Aid and CPR"

  1. west_rhino 1/4/08 12:26
    Bravo Zulu Earl! American Red Cross in mind, and not an April Fool's joke, www.givelife.org will connect Bloglanders with the Red Cross's blood donor services and your regions blood and platelet donation opportunities.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

To post a comment without having a Blogger account, select "Name/URL", put your name in, but leave the URL line blank. Email me if you'd like to comment, but need help making it work.