The 2009 agenda

We survived 2008, and if you're reading this, then congratulatons for having survived it as well. We're not sure what that means, but we hope it means something for you.

On a personal level, 2008 wasn't a bad year, or a great year, but rather it was a lot like any other of the last few years - more college, more work, more writing, more parenting, and more realizing that singlehood is not going away for a while, for some good reasons:

  • The ones who like the "nice guy" with a career, community involvement, good with kids, etc. don't like the twice-divorced, "late bloomer" type,
  • The ones who are more conservative types who like the politics, but don't like the long hair and hard rock,
  • The ones who are more liberal who are ok with the hair and music don't like the politics,
  • The ones who like the "goes to church regularly" usually think Catholics are heathens and expect yours truly to be a saint (which I ain't),
  • The professional types ... yep, long hair, hard rock again, and ...
  • Those who are "reverse doormats" - their relationships are histories of taking crap from all sorts of losers and when they find someone who isn't a con artist or creep, they expect that person to jump through a million hoops (and end up ditching me for another total loser).

So don't hold your breath waiting for wedding invitations, which means the blogging will continue - but then again most of us bloggers are hopelessly single.

Or maybe we're just hopeless. Or maybe it's just me being the square peg in the round hole - the story of my life.

Ok, I've taken a rare opportunity to vent. I feel better now - now back to business ...

Since we're all about our readers in the Blogland, we thought we'd solicit your feedback as to what should be on the Blogland's agenda for 2009. You can select one or MORE of the choics in the poll below:





















What to do in 2009?



View Results
Free poll from Free Web Polls

9 Response to "The 2009 agenda"

  1. run for guv mg 4/1/09 14:17
    One time some one asked me if I knew you and I told them yes he is the one with no hair completely shaved head. Wanted to see their reaction when they finally met you. It was great.
  2. Earl Capps 4/1/09 14:23
    You'll have to let me know who that was.
  3. Mike Reino 4/1/09 17:39
    Boy, this sounded like one of my forlorn love posts! Being Ms. or Mrs. Blogger is not an enviable gig, Earl.

    In the meantime, I'm always up for some Blogmore Stew....
  4. Lisa & Pam in Edisto 4/1/09 20:32
    Seems to us you left a tremendous lady hanging. Are you sure you don't like being single or are you usually cruel?

    Notice we left our names this time - hah.
  5. Anonymous 4/1/09 20:52
    Why don't you describe what your 'one' would be? Maybe there is another hopeless single out there..
  6. Anonymous 5/1/09 01:42
    Happy New Year Earl -- don't let the twice-burned thing get you down. You, of all people, should know about that 'accuser of the brethren' quote that Jesus made. [I think it was Jesus -- anyway, he was talking about that old devil].

    One of the nicest neighbors I have ever had is twice-divorced, thanks to a sick, sick, sick megalomaniac messing in his life for sheer entertainment and jealousy.

    Anyway -- there are some of us out here that know, through trial-by-fire experiences that things aren't always as they appear. And some of those old, married, deaconed b*stards are going to have hell to pay in the next life.

    PeaceOut...

    Your Bud,

    Spicoli
  7. Earl Capps 5/1/09 02:54
    LISA & PAM - a lot of people would describe me in all sorts of ways that would be unfit for discussion on this blog. I hate being single, but finally the idea of another failed marriage scares me even more. Maybe if the idea of being once divorced or twice divorced had scared me enough, I'd have done a better job of being married in the first place.

    MIKE - I may not be good at relationships, but I can cook. But when I come up your way, all I want is to find some good BBQ.

    SPICOLI - I'm not going to throw stones at my ex-wives. The first marriage was two teens, which was bound for failure. The second one ... nobody is perfect and in spite of the problems, it wasn't all her fault. There were things I regret, as well as things she did for me that made a difference in my life.

    Actually, I've been thinking about adoption. Since my oldest daughter moved out in May and my marital prospects ain't looking too good, this might be the year to start that ball rolling.
  8. Anonymous 5/1/09 10:07
    Um, I guess it was John that said it:

    Revelation 12:7-10, KJV

    And there was war in heaven: Michael and his
    angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and
    his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place
    found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast
    out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which
    deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,
    and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud
    voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and
    strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his
    Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which
    accused them before our God day and night."
    Revelation 12:7-10, KJV

    ...

    I guess you already knew that...

    Spicoli,


    :)
  9. Anonymous 5/1/09 14:46
    get plastered yew basterd.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

To post a comment without having a Blogger account, select "Name/URL", put your name in, but leave the URL line blank. Email me if you'd like to comment, but need help making it work.