On a personal level, 2008 wasn't a bad year, or a great year, but rather it was a lot like any other of the last few years - more college, more work, more writing, more parenting, and more realizing that singlehood is not going away for a while, for some good reasons:
- The ones who like the "nice guy" with a career, community involvement, good with kids, etc. don't like the twice-divorced, "late bloomer" type,
- The ones who are more conservative types who like the politics, but don't like the long hair and hard rock,
- The ones who are more liberal who are ok with the hair and music don't like the politics,
- The ones who like the "goes to church regularly" usually think Catholics are heathens and expect yours truly to be a saint (which I ain't),
- The professional types ... yep, long hair, hard rock again, and ...
- Those who are "reverse doormats" - their relationships are histories of taking crap from all sorts of losers and when they find someone who isn't a con artist or creep, they expect that person to jump through a million hoops (and end up ditching me for another total loser).
So don't hold your breath waiting for wedding invitations, which means the blogging will continue - but then again most of us bloggers are hopelessly single.
Or maybe we're just hopeless. Or maybe it's just me being the square peg in the round hole - the story of my life.
Ok, I've taken a rare opportunity to vent. I feel better now - now back to business ...
Since we're all about our readers in the Blogland, we thought we'd solicit your feedback as to what should be on the Blogland's agenda for 2009. You can select one or MORE of the choics in the poll below: