Overcoming speech anxiety

It's time for fall semester to begin in the Blogland. That's when yours truly goes back in front of college students. While my writing volume will drop off a little for a few days, I do want my readers to have some good food for thought. 

In teaching public speaking, one of the toughest challenges is addressing speech anxiety. Fear of facing audiences is one of the biggest fears known to man.

To help you figure out where you stand, try the online version of the Personal Report of Communication Apprehension. It's quick, confidential and can give you some pretty good feedback.

When I took the test last weekend, I scored a 45. The best possible score was a 24, and worst score a 120. So even I, with all my big mouth and Blogland attitude, still have my issues.

Here in the Blogland, we're all about having the facts, which is one of the cornerstones of effective speaking. But if you can't face the audience with confidence, all the homework in the world won't help you.

Positive thinking helps, so here's our contribution to help you feel better.

Check out this rockin' video of Dep Leppard's "Stagefright" and we're sure you'll feel ready to take on the world too.





0 Response to "Overcoming speech anxiety"

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

To post a comment without having a Blogger account, select "Name/URL", put your name in, but leave the URL line blank. Email me if you'd like to comment, but need help making it work.