The efforts to help the families of June Guerry and Dana Woods, who were recently murdered in the Francis Marion National Forest near Moncks Corner, are still ongoing. If you're in the Lowcountry, here are some events you may want to put on your calendar:
- Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at Gilligan's at the Dock in Moncks Corner
- Thursday, September 13, 2012 at Zaxby's in Moncks Corner
- Saturday, September 15 at 9:00am at ATP Gun Shop and Range in Summerville
Other benefits have been held since this took place and more are in the works. To give directly to the official relief funds, here's where to send the money:
- "Dana Marie Woods Memorial Fund" at any First Federal Location
- "June Guerry Memorial Fund" (Just mention name) at any Wells Fargo Location
Curiously we've been informed by family members that Wal-Mart, who was June Guerry's employer, has not been involved in any of these efforts.
Law enforcement has not discussed the case, which is an indication their investigation is still ongoing, and the two arrested remain in jail at this time. Not surprisingly, Charleston Thug Life has a story on them.
As Dana's family is close to the Blogland, we'll be sure to keep you posted. You can also keep up via Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/Danaandjune/.