With a large field of Twitter parody accounts aimed at satirizing many of the GOP candidates in the First Congressional District race, the Blogland has decided to give them a first-ever Parody Candidates forum. This event will kick off at 5pm this Saturday and will last two hours.
Follow the hashtag #FirstFreakForum to watch, learn more about the parody candidates (and maybe about the actual candidates) and have a few laughs.
The rules are as follows:
- Yours truly will call out each of the known parody accounts, by alphabetical order according to their Twitter handle, and each will be given three sequential tweets in a 90 second interval to make an opening statement.
- Following that, questions will be submitted and each Twitter “candidate” will be allowed to respond in the same alphabetical order - no more than three consecutive tweets to a single question.
- Questions for the Twitter parody candidates will be drawn at random by yours truly. To submit questions, please email them to email@example.com.
- Alphabetical order will be determined by the list which will be posted on the Blogland three hours before the start of the event. Those Twitter parodies who are not listed in this story should message me at @bloglandec if they are NOT on this list to ensure inclusion no less than three hours before the event begins.
- None of the Twitter parodies are allowed to use profanity - try to restrain yourselves (for once).
The known parody candidates' list is as follows - and candidates will be called on in this order:
- @argentinamark - parody of Mark Sanford
- @chipshorse – parody of Chip Limehouse
- @chumpslimehouse – another parody of Chip Limehouse
- @curtisballsac – parody of Curtis Bostic
- @curtnoballz - another parody of Curtis Bostic
- @dogcampbell - a parody candidate all his own
- @freerakuhn – parody of John Juhn
- @harrygroomssc – parody of Larry Grooms
- @mofflyswine – parody of Elizabeth Moffly
- @notmarksanford - parody of Mark Sanford
- @roscoepnash – a parody of Ray Nash
- @teddystrustfund – a parody of Teddy Turner
You are invited and encouraged to tune in for this first-ever event. While we're not quite sure what to expect, it's bound to be pretty wild stuff.