Changing jobs

I want to apologize for the recent drop-off in Blogland stories. It's not that I'm getting tired of blogging, but that other priorities have come up which I have to deal with.

I recently accepted a new position as the corporate-level human resources and safety manager for a distribution and retail company based in Charlotte. This opportunity has come with its share of challenges - as well as a lot of weekend and evening work - while I get a handle on the new job.

It also means that I'll be leaving the construction industry, aside from the occasional consulting opportunities. After thirteen very rewarding years in the industry, I'm going to miss it - but after all these years, it's time for a change.

I've also been told that the trial date for Brandon Ancrum, who was charged with reckless homicide in the summer of 2010 for the death of my brother, will be in April after several postponements and delays (many of which we understood and agreed with to allow more pressing cases to be heard). This will be a trying time for the family.

Politics is fun, but at the end of the day, I'm just a volunteer citizen activist, just like many of you. Bills have to get paid and family comes first.

This will mean that for the next few weeks, I won't be writing as much, but you can rest assured that I'm not going away.

As always, I want to thank all of you for reading and extend a special "thank you" to those who've reached out express your support for my latest career move, as well as for the upcoming trial.

1 Response to "Changing jobs"

  1. June Brailsford 24/2/13 20:18
    Earl, I'm glad you won't be too far away. You have a lot on your plate right now and I understand you won't have as much time as before. However, please stop by whenever your're in the area. We will be praying for you, Greta and your family during the coming days.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

To post a comment without having a Blogger account, select "Name/URL", put your name in, but leave the URL line blank. Email me if you'd like to comment, but need help making it work.