Representative Shannon Erickson has been working hard to make sure her backyard folks aren't ignored - and the red-hot race for the First Congressional District is no exception. Even though she's in the middle of a busy legislative session, she's still found time to host a series of candidate forums for those seeking the Congressional seat.
Thus far, the series has hosted appearances by Chip Limehouse, Elizabeth Moffly, Mark Sanford and Teddy Turner. Each of the events feature two candidates, giving them opportunities to introduce themselves and answer questions from the public. Each candidate will be on stage for an hour, either 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, February 7: Sheriff Ray Nash (R) 6 p.m. / Mr. Jeffrey King (R) 7 p.m.
- Monday, February 11: Councilman Curtis Bostic (R) 6 p.m. / Senator John Kuhn (R) 7 p.m.
- Thursday, February 21: Mr. Shawn Pinkston (R) 6 p.m. / Senator Larry Grooms (R) 7 p.m.
- Monday, February 25: Mr. Ric Bryant (R) 6 p.m. / Mr. Tim Larkin (R) 7 p.m.
- Thursday, February 28: TBA 6 p.m. / TBA 7 p.m. (only if needed)
- Monday, March 4: Mr. Keith Blandford (R) 6 p.m. / Representative Peter McCoy (R) 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 7: Representative Andy Patrick (R) 6 p.m. and Mr. Jonathan Hoffman (R) 7 p.m.
Each event will be held at the Technical College of the Lowcountry Auditorium, 921 Ribaut Road, Building 12 in Beaufort. In the (very likely) event of a run-off, Erickson is planning to hold another Town Hall will be added on Monday, March 25 for the candidates in that election.