It also means you didn't have anything else better to do. But if you're here now, join us for a look back at July 2008 in the Blogland:
July was a challenging month in the Blogland with the passing of a close personal friend - Stan Spears, Jr.
We recognized two outstanding freshmen legislators: Rep. Shannon Erickson and Sen. Shane Massey, as well as two retiring legislators: Rep. Bill Cotty and Sen. John Drummond. On the other side, we dissed Barack Obama (again) for being a hypocrite on environmental issues - but our readers didn't seem very surprised.
There was good news for some. State Rep. Annette Young essentially got re-elected early when her opponent dropped out, five printed and bound copies of the Master's thesis arrived, and Secretary of State Mark Hammond began kicking butt and taking names, Dirty Harry style.
As always, we like to see what mattered most to our readers, who could be doing almost anything else in the world, but instead choose to spend some of their time with us.
So which postings did YOU read the most this month?
1) Remembering Stan Spears, Jr.
2) An early win for Rep. Annette Young?
3) Is Mark Hammond South Carolina's Dirty Harry?
4) “She knows exactly what she is doing”: Shannon Erickson, Outstanding Freshman Representative
5) “He is so much more”: Bill Cotty, Distinguished Outgoing Representative
6) South Carolina blogger pushing for Hawaii 5-0 remake
7) Appoint Sabrina Gast Coroner of York County
8) Is Barack Obama a corporate sell-out on environmental issues
9) Rep. Erickson hosts event for Bronze Star recipient
10) 1st Blogland legislative awards
... and which postings did you discuss the most?
1) “She knows exactly what she is doing”: Shannon Erickson, Outstanding Freshman Representative
2) Video poker inspired by Sanford's ethical retreat?
3) My thesis, in print
4) Is Mark Hammond South Carolina's Dirty Harry?
5) Appoint Sabrina Gast Coroner of York County
6) “He is so much more”: Bill Cotty, Distinguished Outgoing Representative
7) “A new level of enthusiasm”: Shane Massey, Outstanding Freshman Senator
8) The Blogland’s Summer Painkiller Contest
9) A little "Rock and Roll"
10) South Carolina blogger pushing for Hawaii 5-0 remake
As always, we appreciate your readership. Be sure to stay tuned as we make August a fun month for one and all!